Anyone used an SME IV with VPI Aries 2?

Anyone used an SME IV with a VPI Aries 2? I'm looking at both of these. Are there design mismatches here or are the SME arms good on any type of table?
gfloyd53
Pretty much any arm will be compatible with a high-mass, un-sprung table like the Aries. Problems can arise when you start pairing various arms with sprung tables, like the Linns.

I have a good friend running an SME IV on a TNT. It works very well.
Thank you Raquel. I had a TNT 3.5 with a JMW 10 arm. It worked well too, but it came that way and I never had an occasion to experiment with other arms. How about cartridges? Is your friend using the Dynavector VX-1 or VX-1s? It seems that a lot of people like this cartridge with the SME IV.
Yes, exactly, a Dynavector VX-1s. I'll alert him to your thread.

I run the original Aries with a JMW 10.5 arm and van den Hul Frog.
Gfloyd53, I'm the guy Raquel mentioned. I also had a VPI TNT 3.5 with the JMW-10 tonearm. I ran it with a van den Hul Frog for several years - until May, that is, when I swapped out the JMW-10/Frog for the SME IV and Dynavector XV-1s. The SME IV arm works perfectly with the turntable, and the sound of the new tonearm/cartridge combination significantly surpasses that of the JMW-10/Frog.

If VPI can get you an arm board for the Aries 2 that is machined to accept the SME IV, I would not have any reservation about going in that direction.