Linn LP 12 Problem.......

Just bought one and got to play one record.......that's it.
Anyway the soft touch power button would not shut off so i unplugged it,plugged it back in and still stuck on.......unplugged it again and left it.
Anyway later in the day i went to plug it in again and i have no power, press the button and nothing.
Took the bottom off and it seems like it could be a little loose at the circuit board, the ribbon looks ok.
I got this on trade for an amp, now i have no amp and a tt that does not work, great!

x1884
A good technician can replace the bad capacitors on a Valhalla board in about twenty minutes, tops. He would spend much more time making sure the suspension is still set up properly after he did the work, after which the owner would just plop it on the back seat of his Benz and let it jiggle all the way home. I'd be surprised if the parts (three electrolytic capacitors) cost over $10-15, and if the tech's got a good parts source, he'd probably get 'em for less. It's not rocket science, no matter what Linn tells you, and the replacement capacitors don't have to be blessed by Tiefenbrun. In fact maybe you don't WANT the ones Linn sourced, as they fail! Good, reliable Japanese ones...now, THAT's what you want. What is hardest is finding ones that lie flat on the circuit board (axial type) rather than standing on end (radial).

I can hear the peanut gallery now, shouting "Horrors, NO!"
"I can hear the peanut gallery now, shouting 'Horrors, NO!'"

I honestly don't know who would care to object to your solution. It is not as though Linn has a proposed solution of their own for fixing the board - as far as I know they haven't supported the Valhalla for years.
Almost forgot about this thread!
The problem was the caps, had them replaced and the Linn is working fine.....Wow, just got it and had an offer i could not refuse and now it is gone.
Have the old standby Thorens TD160 going and the Linn was definitly a blacker background and better sounding.
Well at least i had one and used one, so when money gets better i will not hesitate to buy another if the price is right.
Thanks for the replys!