I'm Looking For the Best

I've been sitting on the fence, but now I'm willing to go whole hog and grab the golden ring atop the mountain in the clouds in the house upon the hill. I want the BEST. Not just in your opinion the BEST, but in absolute fact the BEST. Price is absolutely no object. I have terminal audiophilitis and the MDs are only giving me a few decades more to live, so I'm going to splurge. I want something that blows away the competition. I want something that immediately announces to the world that it is the BEST of the BEST. It should be designed by the best engineer and contain the BEST parts. It should remove veils, peer deep into the recording that the musicians see me sitting in the room looking at them play and have so much musicality that Sondheim writes his next score specifically for it to perform.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, but the BEST must have a direct input for an iPod.

Thanks in advance.
128x128onhwy61
Idea :

Find a booking agent and have a favorite live band play everyday of the week in your listening room.

You can flip back to your amplified rig during intermissions to get a reference comparison and ask the musicians if they think your class A rated or not !!

Don't be suprised if they tell you to hit the highway !!

If this happens, cancel future bookings and start over again by reading the review conclusions in older Stereophiles.
I think you should buy a concert hall and have a live symphony that can play any song desired.
You want answers?

I think I'm entitled to them.

You want answers?

I want THE BEST!

You can't handle THE BEST! Son, we live in a world that has RECORDS. And those RECORDS have to be guarded by men with TURNTABLES. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. ONHWY61? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for JULIAN HIRSCH and you curse HARRY PEARSON. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that JULIAN'S death, while tragic, probably saved PEOPLE'S EARS. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves PEOPLE'S EARS...You don't want THE BEST. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want RECORDS on that wall. You need RECORDS on that wall.

We use words like SOUNDSTAGE, BLOOM, TRANSPARENCY...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very SOUND I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a TONEARM and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Did you order THE BEST?

I did the job you sent me to do.

Did you order THE BEST?

You're goddamn right I did!!
I have it on good authority that the "Best" possible sound is obtained only after one has shuffled off this mortal coil. But it depends on the life one has lived. One place is analog while the other is ugh.. digital. But then you did say Ipod ready?