Recommended cartridge weight for VPI Scoutmaster

Would it be unwise to use a cartridge weighing 6 grams on the JMW-9 tonearm of the VPI Scoutmaster? I think the recommended cartidge weight for the JMW-9 tonearm is 9-12 grams. Thanks
lornoah
You should check the VPI web site, I found the following in the "What's new" section. "Available for better compatibility with the light low compliance cartridges being made today are 3 gram stainless steel cartridge weights. Cost is $15.00 retail"
What's fascinating is that VPI had to know years ago with complaint after complaint that the JMW-9 needs more headshell weight and has a poorly designed anti-skating mechanism to finally address this now with cheap 3 gram weights at the customer's expense!!!
This is a flawed design with patchworked remedies IMO.
i don't think that is the case at all, actually there are very few carts. out there, that are so light, that they would require a headshell weight, the Dyna. 17d2 being one of them, i use the 17d on my scoutmaster with the headshell weight (which vpi sent me free of charge btw) and it works very well. anyway, just wanted to throw my opnion out there.
I had to pay for my weight. You'll need one if using the Clearaudio Wood Virtuoso to get the 2 gram recommended tracking force. At the same time though they did send me a replacement washer for my center spindle for free.