Shelter and Triplanar matching ?

HELLO

I have problems to match a shelter 901 with a tri planar VII.

Lot of records ( above all piano LP ) are playing tremulous and I can see the tonearm CLEARLY SHAKING on the record while playing it as if it could be a problem of resonance between the cartridge and the tonearm .

I have seen here and there that the Shelter was a LOW COMPLIANCE cartridge (I don't know the exact value).Its weight is 9,5 g.

I have choosed the maxi VTF : 2 g.

I am afraid that the TP is too light for the shelter.Its effective mass is 11 g,
Is it enough for the Shelter 901 ?

I am surprised because the Shelter 901 / Tri Planar seemed to be a combination used buy some audiophiles...without modification .

Could someone give me some help...

Thank you

Tenmus
tenmus
Dougdeacon,

The Tri Plainer WAS at the end of the slots. At that point,realizing we could do no more, we decided to see what the performance would be. We played with the tracking force, vta, and cartridge loading until we had it zeroed in, or at least, thought we did.

Since It had been years since I had vinyl in my system, the sonics overshadowed my desire to get it perfect. Not until I noticed the shaking, did I think a serious problem existed.

Based on your replies, I will tell Sota to send an undrilled armboard, as I have no problem whatsoever in drilling it properly.

Thanks guys, Ken
Thanks, Doug, I new I should have checked my math before turning in my test paper!

Good luck with the armboard, Ken

Dan