Concept 2QD Turntable - Are You Experienced?

Just picked up one - any wisdom or lore concerning this TT would be appreciated.

Peter
peterfcassidy
I'm sure it will be (was) worth the trek for the 2QD. I have the 16.5 receiver and ELC-II cassette deck, and had a 7.5D receiver. They are all solidly built electronics from the 70's that are the best I've heard. I'm still looking for a 2QD turntable.

Just read that the Concept 2QD was manufactured by TAIC, a division of Toshiba.
Hi everyone

I was able to acquire a working Concept 2QD TT that needs a little TLC. I'm in need of some assistance though.

One of the feet on the 2QD is damaged. Is this something that is easy to fix? Would I better off with just leaving the foot unrepaired and putting the table on some brass footers?

Anyone have any recommendations for compatible carts for the 2QD in the under $175 range new or slightly used? I've used an Ortofon OM5e and a Grado Blue Cartridge before on a vintage Philips GA 312 TT. I didn't like the treble and mid range on the OM5e and while I like the sound of the Grado Blue I have a hum in my system with it and I've been told in previous threads to aim higher for a cart.

The phono preamp I plan to use with the 2QD is either from the Emotiva USP-1 or Cambridge 640P.

Has anyone ever replaced the ICs for the 2QD? If so what did you use? The ICs on the 2QD I have are really old and the ends don't look so great.

Are there any other maintenance tips that I should be doing on the 2QD?

Thanks again everyone.
I took a closer look at the Concept 2QD last night and I saw that the counterweight had fallen off. It isn't broken. I think it just came loose. I'll try to re-attach it soon. Has anyone else had this issue with the 2QD.

Lastly the Concept Yahoo group is no more. I tried to join and no-one has gotten back to me.

Thanks again.
I just found one of these along with the 11.0 receiver at a yard sale. The receiver was DOA, but this table was great. Great looks, build quality, design and layout (cracked d.c. argh!). I have Tupelo Honey on repeat and I'm not inclined to turn it off! I'd say the table is in the league with the better ones I've come across (I prefer Dual and Technics of the common stuff).

It's obvious Pacific Stereo knew what they were up against in the "Receiver Wars" era in creating a house brand. I'd recommend anyone give this line a listen.
Just an FYI

Here is a link to a soft copy of the manual for the Concept 2QD TT. You can also find the brochure about it as well by scrolling through the PDFs.

http://akdatabase.org/AKview/displayimage.php?album=50&pos=8