Can a garage serve as listening room?

My system is currently located in my living room, which is a nice big room. However, due to space constraints (wife imposed of course), and the dangers posed by ambulatory toddlers, I have considered moving my system to my garage. However, I fear that a metal garage door, and concrete floors will probably have negative sonic ramifications. Is this so?

All responses will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

ELG
elegal
Several years ago I turned a full-walled 10.5' x 12' 3rd garage stall into a recording studio for my younger daughter. To soundproof the room, I removed the original 1/3" drywall and added mass-loaded rubber sheeting overlaid with two layers of 1/2" drywall. I framed in a wall just in front of the roll-up garage door and applied the same treatments. Not only did the room become isolated from almost all outside noise (it also worked the other way) but the room response flattened out tremendously.

When she left for college I considered tearing it out, but ended up using it as a small dedicated 2-channel analog room. Just one chair, one rack, two speakers, lots of LPs and me. I only wish that I had added a window for a little natural light, but otherwise it's great.
I'd be very carful about a listening room in the garage.

The poor transmission of sound could be exhausting and muffled.