DaVinci Tonearm

I guess, this one is quite rare. Made in Switzerland.
But anyone out there, who listened to it?
Impressions?
thomasheisig
Hi Thomasheisig,

I have the 12 inch Da Vinci tonearm. My previous tonearm was a Schroeder. Both are world class arms and comparable, but obviously I prefer the Da Vinci. Why? One word: energy. There's just an inexplicable communication of emotional/musical energy that is conveyed by the Da Vinci arm. My turntable is a Verdier. My cartridge is a Dynavector XV-1s. My phono stage is Tom Evans Groove Pulse. I bought the arm from Jeffrey Catalano of High Water Sound in NYC. He has it set up on a TW Acustic turntable. You can set up an appointment any time to hear it. No brainer if you live in the NYC area.
Cool. Sounds exciting. Thank you for your answer. Great System, too. I will have a chance to listen to it, but will need some time.
Thomas,unless you will run two arms,why would you get rid of the Phantom,for a DaVinci?I have seen that(DaVinci) arm,and heard it in two systems.I simply would be deluding myself,if I implied that I could hear,and identify the impact of an arm,in an unfamiliar set up!

That being said,both set-ups underwhelmed me!Could have been any number of reasons.Most likely,I had not had my Starbucks extra caffeine at the time,so don't take my word on it.

BTW--I thought the fit and finish left alot to be desired.Especially at the asking price.I really do think you would do better with the Shroeder REF!!Let's be honest,regardless of the past.I have never heard one single criticism of this arm.Actually I have scoped the WEB for as much analog info,as I could find,in the last year,and the REF "ALWAYS" is on the SHORT list of BESTS!!

If you are not up to going in that direction,there is always the similarly well regarded Triplanar!Refined for a LONG time,so forget any of my past misgivings.The NEW Dynavector is darn nice too!Alot of potential in that design.Another I'd like to get my hands on!

BTW--The DaVinci just got a rather "luke warm" review,in Stereophile magazine.I think the reviewer was being polite in his comments.That was my interpretation.

Well,best of luck to you!!