Tracking Force Gauges

I have only coarsely adjusted VTF on my cartridge using a Shure gauge and taking into account the ~ 0.3g overshoot some have reported.

I would like to embark on a careful study of the sensitivity of the sound attributes to small deviations within the recommended mfg's range. I'm curious to know what high VTF sounds like compared to low VTF and to find an optimum setting.

To do this I'm interested in your recommendations on digital VTF gauges with 0.01g accuracy.

I've heard about the MyWeigh scale and others. It seems like the my weigh scale is a traditional looking digital scale in that the measuring platform is very wide with the load cell likley centered beneath the platform. I'm not sure that one gets repeatable and accurate results if the cartridge were to be placed near the edge of the platform if the arm can't be moved in such a way.

Any thoughts on accurate VTF measurements?

Andrew
aoliviero
Hey Zaikes, click Here to see your next president from the Lone Star State.

Or were you referring to Dwight D. Eisenhower?
Albert,you are quite good natured to actually loan out your Winds.My pals will bring it,but it goes home with them,for sure.
As to the bag of necessary goods,which goes flying across the vehicle,I hope it does not contain any Early pressing Deccas/EMI/Early Columbia recordings.That surely would be the pity!Those are not replaceable!

Best!
That big ad on the Acoustic Sounds web page got me spooked so I went ahead and ordered one from Audio Note Singapore. SirSpeedy, seems like you're having pretty good results with yours. It is definitely better than the scale I have.
Admittedly, $100 isn't a lot of money to worry about for most of us, but why are audiophiles such suckers? For me it's the principle! Why would you want to spend more than this:

http://saveonscales.com/product_jennings_js50x_digital_pocket_scale.html

Or if you want to get really crazy, this:

http://saveonscales.com/product_jennings_digital_diamond_scale_10.html

The "stylus" gauges being marketed to audio people are just relabeled, doubly marked up diamond scales.