Systemdek IIX and a vpi scout

How will these compare in terms of sound? Should I keep my systemdek or will the scout be more musical? I dont mind things being on the slightly warm "glowing" side of neutral so ultra neutrality that is cool, sterile or clinical is not my preference, neither is wooly warm where I want to go either. Please indicate in your answer what kind of sound you prefer and what tables you've heard so i can know what kind of listener you are. What will the gains trade offs be? I'm not really into hifi as much as getting back to the music. That is I dont believe expensive equipment is the only way to get you "there." Thanks...vertigo.
vertigo
Systemdek is a no brainer BARGAIN! I sold my Linn LP12, Rega3,Thorens 124, 125,160, Dual cs-5000, Rekokut etc etc - but kept the IIX
kind of a sideways move at best.....the audio note tt1 or tt2 would be a step up, but even then, not a big step. you are looking at 3 to 4k to hear an overall improvement if you buy a new table. nottingham, origin, well tempered, thorens(td 350 only),basis, rega, roksan(xerxes only).........these, plus others, can be found for less used of course. if your systemdek has been trouble free, i would be inclined to upgrade the cartridge a bit, and live with it.
Great! Very interesting response. In my mind i would have guessed the scout would be a significant jump. I was told a goldring 1042 would be a good combo, any other thoughts on what a good combo would be? Always also been curious about adding a rega arm to my systemdek. Anyone else want to chime in on the original question or any other question? Anyone disagree?