Who is Nick Doshi?

Several posters here have listed custom designs by Nick Doshi as being the best amps and preamps they have ever heard -- including the phono stage within the preamp.

However, I've never heard of Nick Doshi, and Google turns up nothing. Evidently he's an exremely private designer!

What's the deal?
patrickamory
He is the one whose name cannot be spoken. Those who wish to remain physically in one piece dare not mention that name.

Actually, he is not one person, but a manifestation of many private elves who work in a somewhat cool place far to the north.

Some say he has a cat with a very bright red nose.

Uh, maybe the Sudafed is kickin' in.
Dan_ed, are you referring to Saint Nick "Doshi" ?

OK Patrick, here is how to do the search:

"Nick Doshi preamp design" (I got several hits at Audiogon, Audio Asylum and other places), happy reading.
I'll second Cello's comment and add that what you hear about Nick's work is true. Just a few hours of listening and comparing with other preamps was enough to convice me. Thanks to Doug Deacon, I was fortunate enough to get my order (I'm going to try Nick's pre and phono seperates) in at the right time so I believe I'm next on the list. I'm hoping it arrives around the same time as my new Galibier.

I've got to start saving my pennies now since Nick is hoping to have a new monoblock out next year.