SME 20/2 SME V or Triplanar VII?

I'm in the process of acquiring an SME 20/2 and I would like to know others' thoughts and experiences with deciding whether to arm it with the SME V or the Triplanar VII.
Ag insider logo xs@2xcipherjuris
I'm betting you're going to settle on the Gavia!

(Please, leave the political musings for elsewhere. Most consider it bad manors.)
Sorry Dan, but I just returned from a trip to Ireland and Wales. The decline in the value of the dollar against other currencies during the last 5 years is rather shocking and is an economic fact not an opinion and not politics. It is also responsible for the remarkable run up in the cost of the SME.

I have a sneaking suspicion you are right, which is one reason why I jumped on the 20/2 when it became available. I think each of the SME's at their respective price points are probably the best of the suspended TTs, so with the same tonearms and cartridges, it will be a real face off that will leave me in a position to go either way without too much net cost for the comparo.

Thanks again,

Ed
Ed - enjoy your time auditioning. I don't know if we're in the Golden Age of High End Turntables, but it sure is a heckuva lot of fun! We are blessed to have so many knowledgeable people - from all over the world - from whom to draw and with whom to share. While various parts of a system each play their role, turntables have their own special magic.

Cheers,Tim
Tim, I sure do agree. This discussion has been great fun as well practical and informative for me. I'm much more comfortable with the decisions I'm about to make. And for that I'm really thankful to you all.

Best,

Ed
How are you arranging the audition with Galibier?

Yes, Ed, anyone who has purchased vinyl from Europe lately knows how the dollar has dropped in value. Economies do cycle regardless of politics, the Fed Bank policy is another matter. But that's for another discussion.