Tranfiguration Orpheus description

This is the first detailed description I've seen of the new Transfiguration Orpheus:

http://hifi.com.sg/products/cartridge/transfiguration/orpheus.htm

Anyone run across other info?

128x128nsgarch
Doug, my point which I'm sure you understood, was that Fremer drew comparisons to Dynavector and Lyra without talking about maybe two or three other cartridges (ZYX being one) that should certainly be included in that group. Not that I felt his characterizations of the XV-1s or Titan-i probably count for anything anyway ;--)
A quick visit to the Stereophile website shows that they _have_ reviewed ZYX cartridges. At the very least they've reviewed the ZYX R-1000 Airy S, because they provide a link to an online review (done by Art Dudley in May 2004). Go to "Equipment Reviews", then "Phono Cartridges" within "Analog Sources", and you'll have the link.

BTW, among the other cartridge review links Stereophile provides, the Linn Akiva and Lyra Parnassus D.C.t are both yokeless/polepiece-less designs (albeit executed differently from the Transfigurations).

regards and hth, jonathan carr
Stereophile did do a review of a ZYX cartridge about 2 years ago. Here is a link http://www.stereophile.com/analogsourcereviews/504ZYX/index.html

I do enjoy Michael Fremer's writing. I find it informative and more importantly...enjoyable..like our hobby is supposed to be.

No offense to anyone.
That < is indeed my dunce cap, worn whenever I attempt a particularly lame jest. Anything I say while wearing it may (and probably should) be used against me.

Neil, that one was just too juicy to pass up - sorry! I'm sure you took it in the utterly backassward way it was intended. :-) Like you, I wouldn't accept SP's characterization of a used Kleenex without seeking an independent second opinion.
Doug LOL (used Kleenix indeed!) And lest I gave anyone the wrong impression, I thoroughly enjoy reading M. Fremer's prose. It's almost always enjoyable -- like the "good" you feel when you STOP banging your head on the wall!