Clearauduio Spider Clamp - What the heck?

So, what am I missing. How does the cartridge play the record with those pieces of metal in the way?????

http://www.needledoctor.com/s.nl;jsessionid=ac112b1f1f4397acac88c51e4b388cdfb5ee9b8120b9.e3eTaxiNaN0Te3qPbh4RahqMc41ynknvrkLOlQzNp65In0?sc=2&category=421&it=A&id=1132
pawlowski6132
It is called the LOCATOR. I don't know if this will work with other platters but for those using Clearaudio tables this is the perfect add-on. Using the Outer Limit put the sound to the next level. Evrything just focused and tightened. The Locator made using the Outer Limit a breeze
Yagbol2; where did you get the Locator? I can't find it anywhere. Do you remember what you paid for it? thanx
Your Clearaudio dealer or Musical Surroundings should be able to sell you one. Best call Musical Surroundings. You have the option to order it with your Outer Limit which I did.
Yaggy, Thanx for the response. FYI - Clearaudio has since discontinued the Spider and The Locator cannot be bought separately (as explained to me from Musical Surroundings).

Luckily, I found a retailer who had one spider left in inventory.