Is Digital actually better than Analog?

I just purchased an Esoteric DV-50s. The unit is fantastic in the sense that you can hear every detail very clearly in most recordings. Here is the thing, does it make for an enjoyable musical expereince? With this type of equipment, you can actually tell who can actually sing and who can really play. Some artist who I have really enjoyed in the past come across as, how shall I put it, not as talented. This causes almost a loss of enjoyment in the music.
Which comes to my Vinyl curiousity. I dont own a single record, but I have been curious why so many have kept the LP's (and tubes for that matter) alive for so long after the digital revolution and now I am thinking it is probably has to do with LP's being more laid back and maybe even more musical. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Would someone recommend going back to Analog. I was thinking of getting a entry level player like a Scout Master.
128x128musicaudio
"recreates the 360 degree algorithms present in all reverb and harmonizing equipment used by professional studios to make recordings? "

Okaaay.

As far as I'm concerned we're talking about apples and oranges. I'll go with you that these effects sound awesome on multichannel. I've used similar digital software effects in my Logic based studio (spatializers and such).

But I don't believe RVG used much "harmonizing equipment".

Of course it is true I still have very much to learn about audio. :-)
in the end,to really find out what vinyl is like you simply have to live with it for awhile and decide for yourself.all too often we want to hear that THIS is better than THAT when all it is is different.each medium has it's place in my system.just my two pence.cheers
"As far as I'm concerned we're talking about apples and oranges."

You're not letting go of what you see, stuck in the same box everyone else is. Two channels two ears, laughable and ridiculous

"I'll go with you that these effects sound awesome on multichannel."

Typical audiophile response, actually they don't "sound awesome" they are distributed properly and not smashed between me and the subject of the recording. Thus they don't sound bad. Surround relieves a negative.

To simplify this for explanation, draw a circle then draw a line dividing the circle in half, if the circle represents the "echo" effect on a drumstick strike your stereo system can only recreate half of the circle the rest of the circle collapses into noise. That noise is disproportionately high harmonics thus hi frequency, shift the balance of the recording

A 360 degree system will not collapse the circle into noice but retains the general shape of the circle. It disperses the high frequency energy created by effects in their proper form, keeping them from dissolving into unrelated noise like a two channel system does.

RVG is ancient history, and yet benefits from surround as much or more than a modern pop recording. Recordings that have "hall" sound like classical recordings from a soundstage ebnefit even more from surround.
I respect your preference and I'm sure your system sounds great. In fact, I'm sure I'd enjoy your system very much.

But I prefer something different in my own home.

Somewhat related:
I just interviewed with one of the top multichannel system installers in the country yesterday. I expressed my preference for 2 channel vinyl systems and suggested they offer this option to their clients.

They didn't call me back.