Is Digital actually better than Analog?

I just purchased an Esoteric DV-50s. The unit is fantastic in the sense that you can hear every detail very clearly in most recordings. Here is the thing, does it make for an enjoyable musical expereince? With this type of equipment, you can actually tell who can actually sing and who can really play. Some artist who I have really enjoyed in the past come across as, how shall I put it, not as talented. This causes almost a loss of enjoyment in the music.
Which comes to my Vinyl curiousity. I dont own a single record, but I have been curious why so many have kept the LP's (and tubes for that matter) alive for so long after the digital revolution and now I am thinking it is probably has to do with LP's being more laid back and maybe even more musical. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Would someone recommend going back to Analog. I was thinking of getting a entry level player like a Scout Master.
128x128musicaudio
Psychicanimal,

and all who may feel the same.

I am simply curious if Nsgarch research was published, it is not a slam, because getting your work published is a very big deal and hardly automatic, unless you have a job as an audio reviewer :). In the mid to late 1960's MIT and a few other Ivy league medical schools in the New England area engaged in behaviour research with audio, and much of this research is more medical or psychology related than for pure audio performances measures.

I have read many of the MIT Journals and New England Journal of Medicine articles on these experiments (Tvad).

So I was just curious if his work was in the journals somewhere. What were the results? Why can't we discuss these things and build on real data, not just on what we "feel" is right.

I am dying to learn something on this forum, Nsgarch has superb credentials but my assertions that his speaker system represents a crude multichannel system goes unchallenged and there's no technical explanation on how he believes that two channel systems can recreate a true soundstage relying on room reflectivity and absorbtion, if he refers me to the studies that back this up, I'll go read it.

I want to know, because maybe part of my idea and part of his idea = the best solution.
blah, blah, MIT, blah, published, blah, blah, research on a BB,blah, blah,my pompous ass is bigger than your pompous ass, blah, blah, useless drivel, blah, blah, small minds, blah, blah
I am dying to learn something on this forum

I don't think anyone here can teach you anything.
The stern of the vessel moves in the direction of the propeller rotation. How about that?
Here is an update on this thread. The originator, Musicaudio (Andrew), after being very impressed by the Esoteric DV-50S, as stated in the beginning, became much less impressed after owning it for a week, and has now sold it.

So I guess that means....analog wins. Wahoo!

:-)