Is Digital actually better than Analog?

I just purchased an Esoteric DV-50s. The unit is fantastic in the sense that you can hear every detail very clearly in most recordings. Here is the thing, does it make for an enjoyable musical expereince? With this type of equipment, you can actually tell who can actually sing and who can really play. Some artist who I have really enjoyed in the past come across as, how shall I put it, not as talented. This causes almost a loss of enjoyment in the music.
Which comes to my Vinyl curiousity. I dont own a single record, but I have been curious why so many have kept the LP's (and tubes for that matter) alive for so long after the digital revolution and now I am thinking it is probably has to do with LP's being more laid back and maybe even more musical. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Would someone recommend going back to Analog. I was thinking of getting a entry level player like a Scout Master.
128x128musicaudio
Pauly,

I find your analogy of the carburetor and prediction of impending shortage of vinyl somewhat misplaced and unsubstatiated Vinyl has never been as available as it is now

You are right I did not subtsantiate my remarks...but I suspect the wide availabilty of Vinyl is mainly because average people are clearing out the attic and getting rid of their old Vinyl collections, garage sales etc. The average person has no more use for Vinyl then an old car with a carburetor that won't start on a cold day.

I admit that the average person may not be as informed as audiophiles about the poor quality of their choices...but nevertheless progress (if you can call it that) is relentless.
Arthur,

there is nothing quite like the sound of air rushing down the venturi pipes when you accelerate. Fuel injection sounds so mechanical and precise, regimented and digital.

LOL. Nostalgia... the gasoline smell of a flooded engine on a cold day....the old floor the accelerator trick to get the 'ol baby to fire up (especially when flooded)....not to mention cleaning spark plugs and warming them up on the kitchen stove (that always worked for me).....and, of course, the manual choke control ....the richness of it all! Cars had indvidual character and temperament back in those days, and they responded to your care!

In comparison digital audio certainly lacks character. Boringly consistent perhaps. Where is the fun?
Wait a minute. I have a car with 3 carburetors; starts every day thank you. I will also get there before you do.
:-)
To further add to this erudite exchnage {:)}:
but nevertheless progress (if you can call it that) is relentless.
More like change, isn't it, in this particular case.
Or, if we wish to use the word as a verb, we may say: "as time progresses" certain processes become simpler OR more convenient (or both) with the advent and development of digital media formats". For example, recording and mastering...