Antiskate issue.

I had just found out using a test record that my antiskate was way to much. I used close to the tracking force. I know I probably damaged some of my records. I have around 300 hours on the Benz L2. Have I damaged my cartridge also??? I am not an expert at setting up a TT and I made a mistake on this. I have a DP protractor and the set up procedures for the Graham 2.2. I also have an Acoustic Signiture Final Tool. Oh read this. I emailed the factory about a small speed variation. You can adjust it. Less than one minute later I get a call from them!!!!! Talk about service.
128x128blueranger
Rauliruegas...I don't have an old owners manual to look at, but I do remember the 1/3 to 1/4 ratio of AS/VTF. This must have come from the Empire TT or Shure pickups that I used. But, don't we all agree that AS equal to VTF would be way too much? After all we got along for many years without any AS at all.
Dear Eldartford: Yes, we agree that equal is too much.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
>> And everyone now seems to have discovered that they track better at the high end of their VTF range rather than the low end. <<

Well, just think of me as salmon swimming upstream on this point. My system is extremely revealing and dynamic. There is no doubt in my mind that a setting of just enough VTF to avoid mistraking is so much better sounding than tracking at the high-end. At these lighter setting everything is much more delicate and detailed. Not just highs, but bass as well. Same goes for AS. I'm finding that Linda Ronstadt's (? spelling) booming mouth works pretty well for finding the limit with AS.