Brinkman Balance Comparisons

For those who have the Brinkman or compared it to others please chime in. How does it compare to the Avid, TW Raven AC and SME 30? I heard the Raven AC has been compared to the Brinkman in Germany extensively. any thoughts? Also, how critical is a good support stand to achieve it's perfromance?

Thanks for your help,

Andrew
aoliviero
Dgad, tq for your response. I will probably go for Mystic Mat shld I decide to buy a Mat. However, was wondering the need for a Mat when 1 of the very reasons for buying Raven AC is the uniqueness of the copper platter. Anymore feedback will be much appreciated. Happy listening
Dear David, sorry for the long delay on the response.....two weeks ago I lost my cantilever and stylus (the cleaning lady???) and so I have been without the TT and the ability to comment to you or anyone else. Once I get my cartridge back I will give an update.

P.S. I also just received the Millennium weight but had not the chance to try it out yet.

Rick (RWD)
Rick

I am sorry to hear that. Hope you will get the retipped cartridge soon.

I ordered the Raven One a couple of weeks ago with the Allaerts MC1B cartridge, waiting time is about three months. Currently, I am just patiently waiting.....

I had space and weight issues if I order the Raven AC so the One is a logical alternative for me.

The Raven One comes with two armboard, I have a Dynavector 501 tonearm and Benz Micro LP with me so it should be fun.
Audioblazer,

The copper platter & Living voice mat are very very close. The other mats change the sound much more. The sound loses a touch of the dynamics w. the mat but also the treble rolls off but becomes more natural (so so so very slight). The Boston made everything fuzzy. The Millenium rolled the treble off too much to my liking. I really spent a lot of time doing these comparisons. These are easy to do. I kept VTA same for all of these. You don't need a mat, it is just nice.
Dgad, thank you for yr info. I will go for the Living Voice Mystic Mat. Happy listening