Question about VPI Warranties

Hello all,
Not long ago,, I bought a piece of brand new VPI factory sealed gear from a fine seller (name witheld), and the question I have is, will I have any sort of warrantee from the manufacturer? On thier warrantee card, it clearly asks for a Dealer's name-address, but it appears the seller is reluctant to provide such information, and I don't know why this would be a problem? Unless of course thier is a grey market for VPI products, (which I strongly doubt?)

Provided there is no such thing as a "grey market" with VPI Products, I'd then assume the seller did indeed buy the component from an authorized dealer, and I see absolutely no harm in the seller providing me this information, and just saying "That it was a Christmas Gift"? Mark
markd51
Why don't you ask VPI? If I recall, the warranty is not transferrable from the original buyer to a subsequent buyer
and is invalid if not purchased from an authorized dealer.
Go to the source? Don't guess.
can't answer your question, but I have heard negative things about VPI's willingness to back their products. One of their long standing dealers in Chicago no longer recommends them for this reason.
Since you know the seller I would suggest calling and/or e-mailing VPI to see if the warranty is transferable. In the event there is an "issue" with how the seller got the item you know who to go after. I think it would be best to find out now if the item is not as it was presented. To ease your fears, if the seller is a regular on Audiogon I wouldn't think the worst, 99% of the folks here are good up-standing citizens, some of them are just a little socially inept!
Couldn't disagree more wiht Stilts1's comments. I've been a VPI customer for years and they have ALWAYS been helpful and responsive.