Most involving and thrilling moviemusic?

The more tips the more I will have to buy....
vrom
I enjoy the following soundtracks:
"The Mission"
"Blade Runner"
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"
"Baraka"
"Grand Canyon"
"Gladiator"
"Koyyanniquatsi"
"No Way Out"
"Dances With Wolves"
"Gettysburg"
"Local Hero"
Gettysburg
Dances with Wolves
Gladiator
Once Upon a Time in America
Standing in the Shadows of Motown
The Temptations
Michael Mann's "Thief" soundtrack by Tangerine Dream is a much overlooked one, and their other film score for "Legend" is equally good. "Alien 3". But my pick for all time greatest original soundtrack is surprisingly "To Live and Die In LA" by of all bands Wang Chung!?!? I also like the totally ridiculous score for Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange". "Repo Man" is also a great album with much of the great and nearly lost music of the Plugz. "Bird" with the all-star line up for recreating Parker's live sets, and "'Round Midnight" aren't half bad either.
For something different try the "Kill Bill" Soundtracks. I like #1 the best but both sound great! Also Once Upon a Time in Mexico!
I had kind of randomly clicked through this list - it's so funny someone else picked "To Live and Die In LA".

"Jackie Brown" as well on the Tarantino front. "Empire of the Sun", even though generally I hate John Williams, is a totally different soundtrack. Two more great eighties soundtracks for that retro party thing: "Valley Girl" and "Pretty and Pink".