Cannister VAC DIY Record cleaning...?

I had a thought today of using my cannister VAC for record cleaning, and a couple of question occurred to me.

First, is there any reason that a small, hand-held type cannister VAC (Oreck) would not work for this purpose? Is there any problem with vacuuming the liquid into a home VAC? I wouldn't think there's enough fluid to be any concern.

Second, if I purchased Disk Doctor replacement pads used on the RD cleaning pads, and fit them onto one of the cannister VAC's hose attachments wouldn't this work effectively...and suction the lquid without harming the vinyl?

The reason I'm interested in a DIY solution is that I don't own enough records to warrant the purchase of a record cleaning machine, and I like the idea of keeping the clutter down in the house.

Thanks in advance.
tvad
You can use any vac, wet or dry, with the KAB, because the KAB traps all the fluid. Vacuuming any liquid directly into a machine not designed for wet use is going to kill it; the fluid will end up in a motor which is not designed to handle fluid. Unless I misinterpreted your post and your statement that "I wouldn't think there's enough fluid to be any concern", I was taking you to be vacuuming the fluid into a home vac designed strictly for dry use. Just pointing out that this is definitely not adviseable.
Look at http://www.smartdev.com/loricraft.html and see how Loricrft uses a Mason Jar to seperate the fluid from the vacuum air. This would work with your Oreck and you wouldn't have the shock hazard of getting liquid in the Oreck.
You can get a small 1 HP-1 Gal. ShopVac at WalMart for about $20. Modify the crevice tool (plug the end and cut a slit 1/8" x 4". Line the slit with self adhesive felt and you are good to go for about $25 or less. If too much suction, drill a small hole where your thumb rests to control the suction. I built mine 2 or 3 years ago and it does the job, which is to suck the suspended dirty solution off the vinyl.
Hdm is probably right. If you do have trouble with the house vac it might get you in trouble with the cleaning persons and cost you a lot to replace or repair. I've been using the motor and vacuum from an old Hoover upright for about 3 years now. However, if it ever is damaged by vacuuming up the liquid I'm not really out anything. From what I can see, the liquid is exhausted too quickly to reach the motor. That's probably due to the design of this model. The motor is horizontal with the vacuum chamber and the shaft from the motor is above the exhaust port. So in this case, there is not much chance that the liquid can reach the motor.