12 inch tonearms

Thinking about adding a 12inch tonearm to try one out.

Any thoughts and experiences, good or bad, on 12 inch arms?

Looking forward to the discussion.
dmgrant1
Pryso, you are right. I should have directed what I said to Dmgrant1.

I once had another arm where you entirely removed the arm, counter-weight, and cartridge and could immediately replace it. It was the Keith Monks which used four mercury baths for contacts. The VPI has a much better implementation.
Just to clarify Tbg's post above- The Shindo arm is not derived from an "Ortofon spring loaded arm." It is a Shindo arm with aesthetics paying homage to Ortofon's wonderful early work.

Best,
Jonathan
Dear Frank: +++++ " Anyone who has the tools/capability to set up a 9" arm perfectly will be able to set up a 12"er just as well. " +++++

I totally agree. This is the answer and it is all about and yes the long ones are " less forgiving " but not " big deal ".

Now, on the vintage japanese tonearms that had less than ideal geometry I try it in different ways and always return to the manufacturer recomendation: overhang and pivot to spindle distance, etc, because always the quality performance is better ( the MAX 282 is an example where its different arm wands when you choose to set up by the two null points against the Micro Seiki recomendation, for me : I prefer the quality performance on the manufacturer recomendation. ), at least on what I experienced about.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.