Deep Cleaning Records With Steam?

It has happened again. Major tweak and record provider has available a steam cleaner made especially for records. Anybody try steam for cleaning lp’s? What were your results? Since a unit can be had for about $20 at Target, 15% of what the tweak provider is charging, is it worth a try?.
tiger
"you may want to check out Target (automotive section) for some Microfiber "pucks". They seem to be the perfect size and softness (90,000 fibers per inch) for this. They have a removeable handle. It like it was built for cleaning records.

Darrell"

This sounds very promising Darrell. I looked at Target's website and couldn't find these thingees. Next trip into town I'll take a look at their store. Maybe a cost effective replacement for those expensive Disc Doctor pads???
FWIW, Walgreens.com is selling their "Perfection" Steam Cleaner online only, for $12.99 or thereabouts right now. With S & H it came to under $20.
I visited their nearby stores (2) and one was out of them and the other didn't carry it. List price stated as $29.99 on the sign, but on sale for $19.99.
Hope that helps.
Jeff
A second shout-out : Does anybody own a Monster 1200 Steam Cleaner? If so what has been your personal experience with the 1200 ? Thanks
Leadfeathers, you were right! I went by the local Walgreens (SC)on 8-8-08 and the Perfection Steamer was tagged $29.95 less $10.00 rebate. I took one to the register and asked them to scan it. When it scanned $12.99 I bought TWO of them!
That's too good to pass up. I'll check with my local Walgreens (MD) tomorrow.