How Much Is TOO MUCH for a Analog front End?

Hello All
I have a question hopefully you can help me decide.After having had the "bug" (you all know what I mean) for much of my fomative years, I have reached a point in my evolution that I've got the urge to upgrade my front end to that last step.
What I am contemplating is a purchase I am almost afraid to make. Having read soo much about these killer tables from various "cottage" companies (Teres,Redpoint,Galibier,etc) I have really got the itch.Not that my current front end isn't giving me enjoyment.It consists of a VPI HW-19 mk III in between 3 and four status, twl modded OL Silver arm,with various carts, a 103,Dyna DV-20X etc.,
but what I'm getting hot and heavy about is a Galibier Gavia,Schroder mod 2 or maybe Redpoint Medel B with the same mod 2 arm?
but were talking roughly $9-10k not exactly lunch money.
So this brings us to the question How much is TOO much for a table/arm set up? (now thinking about it this maybe the wrong place to ask this question lol) should it be in proportion to my income?
give me some input.In all honesty, I won't be able to purchase it til maybe August If I start saving now.
Please give me some indication,as I am bordering on an Intervention!!

HELP ME!
braab
braab8
So... what was this magic turntable with the 10" thick electric blue platter and long-ass belt drive that made a 4-5x improvement?
Going from a quality $3000 front-end to a $10000 front-end is certain at the point of diminishing returns, IMHO. The gain from $500 to $3000 is relatively large and easy to appreciate. With the next step you must get everything perfect and then it's only a small increment.

You seem to have the bug to do it, so I'd suggest spending some of your budget on travel, if needed, to hear before buying. 10-grand is a lot of money, but it also makes the cost of travel less objectionable. I think this'll greatly reduce the chance of buyers remorse.

Dave
Braab8,

From an old Twl HIFI modder, use a dab of super glue gel to hold the weights on. Don't drip it into the bearings! ;-)

If you ever want to remove the weights (you won't) a drop of acetone will cut the super glue.

Doug
>12-31-07: Dcstep
Going from a quality $3000 front-end to a $10000 front-end is certain at the point of diminishing returns, IMHO.<

Totally disagree. The $10K buys an incredibly quieter turntable, a better tracking/quieter tonearm, and a much higher resolving cartridge.

It's imperative to have the downstream components as well but the difference between $3K and $10K is night and day.

Hardly diminishing returns to the serious listener.