Magnetization & Demagnetization any conclusions?

Does the furutech improve sound? Does a record have the potential to become magnetized- and how easily??
I am planning on adding magnets to the bottom of my platter and the top of my plinth to take some weight off of the bearing. Then it occured to me, am I going to start introducing a magnetic charge to my records and cartridge?
Anyone have an idea how far is safe for a magnet to be before it starts to influence other materials? At this point I have 4 3/4 between the magnet and the record.
Thanks
pedrillo
I can't say specifically about Quietex, and I only have one clear vinyl record. I did not hear any improvement with that record, but it sounds pretty damn good anyway. The explanation I have read is that the ferrous particles come with the carbon black used as pigment. I haven't tried it yet but in theory reversing the process should affect the sound.
I use a Geneva bulk tape eraser (about $80) to demag my LP's once after I clean them on my Loricraft RCM. I notice a definitely audible drop in noise floor. The process takes me about one minute, only once, and I find it worth the effort. I would not pay $2000 for the Furutech choosing to put that money toward a better RCM instead.

I have not tried this on Classic Quietex clear vinyl. Lloyd Walker told me directly at RMAF during a demo of his Talisman that his Talisman is more effective on clear vinyl than it is on black vinyl. He also told me that his Talisman works for only one play of the LP and works better than a bulk tape eraser used for demagnifying an LP. I've never compared my Geneva to the Walker Talisman.
Thanks Dan_ed

That was the answer I was looking for. I thought the clear vinyl would act as a sham control and that is what you found. This seems to indicate the clumped static charge concept isn't the major player here.

Kevin