Stand out phono stages

This topic has been started before by others and myself as well, maybe too many times, but it is worth revisiting since the source is so very important!
So far I have had the pleasure to enjoy two worthy phono stages: the EAR 834p and the JLTI.
I have to admit they are spectacular. Obviously the record and all the equipment downstream play a role in the sound heard. In some cases I prefer the JLTI and in other cases the EAR. But neither out do the other dramatically.
What phono preamps outshine others by a big margin, those that can be considered the last phono preamp ever needed.
pedrillo
My full vote goes to the Whest ps0.30rdt. It is so natural sounding yet preserving all the details with no lack in dynamics and musicality. My next upgrade will definitely be the SE. MC Ref V will be a dream come thru but I can sure live with the SE for the rest of my sonic life.
Hi Dougdeacon and Atmasphere,

I wholly agree that the ideal path is to seek component neutrality and not to pander to any distortions or colourations that may exist in any single part(s) of the chain.

This can take time but seems to me to really justify itself in replaying what is recorded.

As always
the phono stage in the convergent is fantastic .
I always found the " ultimate" name a bit cheap sounding but it left me with no more desire in the end .
I even stopped posting on forums , lol
I just bought a Musical Fidelity's kW Phono to use with my DL-S1. This is an outstanding phono stage, dynamic, open, controlled and highly adjustable. Highly recommended!!!!