Stand out phono stages

This topic has been started before by others and myself as well, maybe too many times, but it is worth revisiting since the source is so very important!
So far I have had the pleasure to enjoy two worthy phono stages: the EAR 834p and the JLTI.
I have to admit they are spectacular. Obviously the record and all the equipment downstream play a role in the sound heard. In some cases I prefer the JLTI and in other cases the EAR. But neither out do the other dramatically.
What phono preamps outshine others by a big margin, those that can be considered the last phono preamp ever needed.
pedrillo
Do research the Jasmine LP20MKII. I've seen it favorably compared to the Manley Steelhead, other TOTL units. I am an owner. The company stands behind their product and have been excellent to work with when I asked for a reduction in global gain prior to sending it out.

http://www.jasmineaudio.net/lp20MKII.html
So, I'll add my thoughts to the discussion. I recently purchased the Manley Labs Chinook phono stage from Upscale Audio. All I can say is "great job". They have a solid winner with this model. It ran perfect out of the box - even with the stock Electro Harmonix Russian tubes. I was definitely impressed. I've also had the opportunity to speak with Manley Labs tech support regarding how to configure the unit to support the Dynavector 10X5 MC cartridge. The tech support team responded within one hour - incredible customer support! I can't say enough about this company or this product. Great job guys!
ESE Lab Nibiru v3.0. I owned the battery powered version (v2.5) for seven years and sent it for the upgrade (v3.0) about two months ago. The upgraded unit has circuit changes and is now mains powered using a "virtual" battery.

I was very happy with the v2.5 sound but frankly the v3.0 is astonishing. To my ears there is a large step up in resolution (low level detail), better dynamics and better tonality. This gives great insight into the music. I hear how the guitar (John Fahey!) is being played - I can almost feel the tension in the guitar strings. The Nibiru uncovers intense detail, and the separation of musical strands is stunning, but still retains the musical whole - it has great focus.