What would you do?

So, I sold my phono stage (Cary PH302) and the ICs I was using to upgrade to another unit. In the meantime, I used that money for another blood sucking hobby. It might be a few months before I can fund my discretionary spending budget to the appropriate level. In the meantime I am w/o music (no CD player, etc.)

Curious to know what most of you would do:

1. Buy something cheap (and cheap sounding? $250?) to tie you over

2. Go w/o until the real deal arrives

BTW, anyone in the Chicago-Detroit cooridor want to loan/rent me a phonostage & ICs for a few months?

;^)
pawlowski6132
I am interested in the other "blood sucking" hobby, what is it?

I was distracted by mechanical watches for a awhile, now that I have some nice ones I am back to my fav past time...

John
Wait until you can afford something nice. Consider the time without music as an appropriate punishment for getting yourself in this situation.
life is too short to go without. get yourself a used Bellari or Pro-Ject here on agon. i'd be happy to loan you a pair of ICs. send me an email.
I just bought a used Jolida JD9 that I am very happy with!Such a musical unit!I have been without a phonostage for a while,had to sell my Acoustech PH1P a while back.I dont feel Im missing anything with the Jolida,except the bass is a bit lighter,but very musical!That is with stock chinese tubes!I may just have the Jolida modded rather than save for a more expensive phonostage,Ray