New Lampizator Level 4/ Version 4 DAC in the house

Wonder if any other new owners of this DAC are out there as I find it to be the finest digital playback I have heard to date. This is the first digital front end piece of gear I have owned that has transformed my music.

Ya, other digital gear does this or that better, but this Lampy breaks through to a new level of musical enjoyment. Clear view into the music helping the speakers just disappear. Only 24 hours of break in and the music flows so sweet, intimate and seemingly without boundaries.

Looking under the hood I see an impressive power supply with films caps and several high quality chokes. Point to point silver wired except for the digital and USB boards. This is a three tube player that is tube rectified. One has the option for SS rectification if desired.

Ya, I love this Lampy!
128x128grannyring
Sgr,
You're fortunate to have a good friend who let you audition the Lampizator in your system, what's more conclusive than that? You eliminated all speculation and could purchase without second guessing or anxiety. Seems that you'll be very happy for a long time with this highly regarded DAC.
I am a little surprised so many folks are selling the 4 for a 5 or 6 when the 4 is sooooo good. I don't want for more or better at all as my 4 is wonderful.

I better never hear these higher models or I may want one!
Yes, Jim is the best.
Oh, I still think about the decision. Did I really hear what I heard? Was I imagining things. Luckily another great friend, Wayne, was there until the wee hours and he remembers the same things.

A wide, deep, and spacious soundstage with well defined accurate imaging. This was seductive in itself. But the best part was the overall musicality. While listening one could here details and resonances in both voices and instruments that before I'd not heard or noticed. The brush strokes of instruments were just right. And prat, I found myself tapping along to the music on my iPad many times without being aware I was doing this. We listened to such musical talents as Mahler, Sinatra, Scott Joplin, Louis and Ella, and the Decembrists, (plus everything in between) the DAC did everything with utter aplomb and believability.

And for you all wondering about the TranspOrt, well rest assured it is a key part of the sound. While the Level 4 DAC and TranspOrt were in my home we disconnected the two and plugged the TranspOrt into the PWD II. Could it cause the PWD to sound even better than the PWD II and Bridge? Oh YEAH , the PWD II never sounded better.

So maybe I could save some money and just buy a Lampizator Transport and use it with the PWD II? Well to my pocket book's dismay, when if plugged the L TranspOrt into the L DAC magical things started happening again. Nothing like a Lampizator DAC and TranspOrt!

For you PWD II fans, (and I still am a big fan of the PWD II and Bridge and may still keep them for a second system!) while the Bridge can and does sound great here is at least one other combination that makes the PWD II sound even better. Of course the Lampy stuff does cost more when comparing new to new, but there are several used Lampizator DACs available here on the Gon that don't cost as much as a new PWD II and sound incredibly better I might add.

When and if the guys from Stereophile, the Absolute Sound, or even HP himself, get one of the Lampizator combos in their hands be prepared for a SOTA review.

I will be glad to share my experiences and setups with the Lampizator duo as soon they arrive and are energized.
Steven
10-22-13: Hifial writes

Father Richards system has been compared to ones costing $500,000+ in sound. I will not at this time describe the details of the system.

Fascinating post Hifial, but I would not mind reading a description on that system. I hope it would not distract from the trust of this thread.

Regards,
Metralla, the details of Father Richards system is not as important as you think. I say that because unless you can hear it you would think the parts do not add up to the whole. Before I heard it I never thought it would sound that good just from the brands used for most of the system. For the most part it has well thought of brands, that are not expensive (Sonogy,Muse,Bash,etc), that have been modified mostly by Fr. Richards. He builds his own speakers like the one we heard with the Lampizator which goes flat to 14 Hz, capable of 115 dB @16 Hz, true measurement. The speakers drivers have their own amps, outboard crossovers, etc. Wires are by Kimber and K-Works.
I can not imagine what Fr. Richards could do with more resources.

I hope this gives you enough info because I am not going to get into any further details of his system.

All I can tell you is your going to have to take it on faith how great sounding Fr. Richards system sounds. At least until you hear it for yourself.