Thinking of selling my Teres

Hey Guys, I know it's been a while since I posted anything here, but i have been watching!! Since my wife and I split up I've had the upgrade bug big time. I sold the AN CD2, and the home theater stuff is going now. Actually, I'm thinking about getting rid of it all and starting over again.

I guess my question is will I end up kicking myself if I get rid of the Teres? I have a ton of time in building it, and it will always be very special to me. But, like all things I feel it's time for a change. I've also thought about building a new platter for it, maybe the new motor, then going from there.

Getting rid of the rest of the system doesn't bother me in the least. but I have to tell ya, this Teres dilemma is a much harder decision that getting rid of my wife.

Help me out guys, start over or upgrade it? One thing I know for sure is some of the most enjoyable audio conversations I've ever had came from this forum during the construction of the Teres. Man do I miss that!
jphii
Maybe the wife thing is because you would not let her touch the TT and she felt like # 2 in your life.

Invite her over for a spot of tea and show her she's # 1 and let her take the TT for a spin. =8^)
My thoughts are with Tobias:
If you like the TT and can't think of one you would like better keep it. If there is one you would rather have, and your sure, trade it in. Very simple.
Jphii,

I looked at the pictures of your turntable and it's a work of art and the fact that it makes beautiful music is just the icing on the cake. Since you built it yourself there is an additional attachment. You should never part with that turntable no matter what.

If you're getting antzy then upgrade the cartridge or the phono preamp but KEEP THE TERES! A good source is the heart of the system. Why start all over?

I broke out an old Yes album today and was simply mesmerized by it. I was listening to the side with "Yours is no Disgrace," and it blew my mind. It's clean, it's clear, very dynamic and musical, with powerful articlate lows and fast shimmering highs. It's great how an LP can do that after decades of sitting on a shelf.

I know what you mean about the wife thing. My music system's have been with me since puberty and that's one constant in my life that I won't give up. Women come and go.

I've been married for over 17 years now. I got my wife her own stereo (which sounds pretty good) so she doesn't have to mess with mine. She wouldn't know how to work it anyway.

Same with my car... I bought a stick so my wife doesn't want to learn to drive it. It works for me. :)

Glory, you need to get your priorities straight. What a sap you are!
I have to tell you, Joe, that I really enjoyed following your build. You did one hell of a great job. I think I understand where you are coming from. Sometimes it is about the journey, and not just the destination.

So you essentially have something like the old 250 model? There have been many changes and improvements since then. As you've already considered, changing out the acrylic platter would be something to improve on. But from what I hear of the difference between the 265 and the 320, maybe you might consider upgrading the whole table. An 8" thick plinth with a ton of shot would be a cool base. If Chris is selling the new composite platters ala carte, that could help keep the build complications down, as would the new Verus motor. Then you'll need to start thinking of upgrading the tonearm. ;-)