SME 309 vs SME IV - sonic differences?

Hi - I would like to learn from the experts about the sonic differences of this two arms - I have read all the specifications from both of them regarding the bearing tolerances, materials, etc... but... what is the bottom line regarding sonics?

Thanks for sharing your experience, I would like to take a decision for my arm replacement.

Fernando
128x128flg2001
I should add that the performance of any arm is going to be cartridge dependent and the sme works well with a fairly wide selection of cartridges. The big selling point of the V for me is the ease of set up. I change cartridges alot and can be up and running in a couple minutes. If the V had the removable headshell it would really be easy.The removable headshell also allows for azimuth adjustment.
Jfrech--I also use a IV.Vi arm, but mine did not come with the damping trough. My trough was an add-on option which wasn't cheap. Maybe the 20/2 table comes complete with the trough, but I don't think that IV.Vi arms come with one.

Bill
Hi, In post above, I meant to say arm "cable" in my last paragraph.

"Not sure what arm you have right now. Also, if you have a 309 today (I am guessing here) have you tried better arm cables?"

WBS: you might be right, yes, my IV.Vi came on my SME 20/2 table. Sorry
Rccc - I currently own a Dynavector XX2 (Moving coil) - do you beleive it is a good match for either the 309 or an UP4 for my Avid Volvere?