The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Symposium Reflections driven by 150wpc Wavacs.It was like seeing a UFO.No one could ever understand who wasn't there,dispite any description I give.
First Hi-Fi I ever heard:LaScalas with old Mac Gear playing Roundabout on a Thorens table/V15 in the early 70's in a dorm room.
I will never forget it and nothing will ever really match it.

ADS 710 and 810 were great and like another post said,Double Advents were great especially the powered model.

Now 40 yrs later with 30 in the business of Audio I always go back to a Utopia of some variety.

I lived with Roy Allisons 1 &3 for a long time but who knew at the time that the foam would self-destruct?

I love my Thiels but if money were not the limiting factor I would have the big JM's

Ed
Our best systems are inextricably linked to an emotionaly formative time/experience. If time travel existed and we were able to go back and listen with our present day ears, we would no doubt be less than thrilled. Bozak sounded better than most to me growing up in the 60's thru the 80's.
Hey Es347,I disagree.

There is so much distortion in that "speaker" that it breaks all records. It can sound very good at first but then listener fatigue sets in. The wood is highly resonant oak (actually acorn) which can add to the distortion. It uses the Spector crossover which you certainly can't trust and for the tweeter it uses the Pelosi speaker which is extremely shrill and irritating. All in all the "speaker" will probably only lasts 4 years. And I guarantee it won't be good for your health(care).