J.A. Mitchell TecnoWeight

Hi folks,

Is it JA Mitchell TecnoWeight a real good upgrade to RB 300 tonearm ? Which is the best wire ( internal and external )to this arm ?

Thank you all,

Hernani
hba
I heard that I won´t get such a big improvement installing the Tecnoweight, comparing to the tungsten weight(Rega) which I noticed was already installed in my RB300. That´s true ?
Hernani, it's not true. The metal composition is irrelevant. It's the shape that's important. The dropped lobe of the Tecnoweight lowers the center of gravity of the arm to the plane of the stylus tip. Michell uses the same counter weight on their $1200 Tecnoarm. I assure you, this is a significant upgrade. If you don't hear an improvement after installing, it probably says more about the limitations of your system.

FWIW, the Rega Tungston and the Expessimo Heavyweight were the soup du jour in the early 90s. The Technoweight is a newer, better design.

Check out these other forums:
Rega upgrades/tweeks
Review: Rega Planar 3 Turntable
I am looking into diferent weights for Rega P3.
I wonder how much more heavier the Groovertracer(130g) weight than a stock one?
130g seems like a lot of extra weight pushing down on the tonearm's bearings, isn't it?
Also I cannot find the answer to my question regarding Stylus force adjustment. Would installing Groovetracer require to disable original Rega force adjustment wheel?
Dkzzzz, The stock Rega counterweight is 100gms. A heavier weight is necessary to counterbalance heavy MC cartridges so 130gm c'weight will not damage arm bearings. If you don't want a 130gm counterweight Groovetracer has 110gm c'weights as well.
I would also suggest buying at the very least an inexpensive tracking force gauge.
Hi Folks,

May I adjust, in the Planar 3, the cartridge force by only using the weight, leaving the traking force in zero ?
I heard the RB300´s traking force is not very useful....

What about the bias adjustment ? I also heard that in Rega RB300 is better to leave it in a lower value than the one indicated by the cartridge maker. On the contrary, Rega suggests to keep it in the upper limit...

Anyway, there are a lot of "myths" about this arm and I count on your usual help..

Thank you all,

Hernani