J.A. Mitchell TecnoWeight

Hi folks,

Is it JA Mitchell TecnoWeight a real good upgrade to RB 300 tonearm ? Which is the best wire ( internal and external )to this arm ?

Thank you all,

Hernani
hba
Dkzzzz, The stock Rega counterweight is 100gms. A heavier weight is necessary to counterbalance heavy MC cartridges so 130gm c'weight will not damage arm bearings. If you don't want a 130gm counterweight Groovetracer has 110gm c'weights as well.
I would also suggest buying at the very least an inexpensive tracking force gauge.
Hi Folks,

May I adjust, in the Planar 3, the cartridge force by only using the weight, leaving the traking force in zero ?
I heard the RB300´s traking force is not very useful....

What about the bias adjustment ? I also heard that in Rega RB300 is better to leave it in a lower value than the one indicated by the cartridge maker. On the contrary, Rega suggests to keep it in the upper limit...

Anyway, there are a lot of "myths" about this arm and I count on your usual help..

Thank you all,

Hernani
May I adjust, in the Planar 3, the cartridge force by only using the weight, leaving the traking force in zero ?
Yes you can, but you'll need a stylus pressure gauge to set the tracking force.
What about the bias adjustment ? I also heard that in Rega RB300 is better to leave it in a lower value than the one indicated by the cartridge maker. On the contrary, Rega suggests to keep it in the upper limit...
Bias adjustment on a cartridge? I don't understand the question. Are you talking about anti-skating? Or tracking force?
Thank you for your return. Actually, I have already adjust the tracking force only by using the weight ( setting with a stylus pressure gauge). I felt the sound better..Am I be crazy ?

Mingles, you are right..it means anti-skating....just below the tonearm....Rega uses to call it bias adjusment..

Thanks,

Hernani
If I were you i would set up tracking force using Rega wheel and then check the accuracy with a stylus pressure gauge. I am really curious how accurate is Rega's tracking force adjustment.
Would you do it for the benefit of educating me and keeping this in a forum's knowledge base?

Thank you.