vintage turntables?

i dont know, but vintage technics, jvc, and pioneer are the only decks ive had experience with, but they have a special appeal to me. it seems to me that theres all these super fancy turntables out there, and im sure they sound really great, but things like funk firm, the pro-ject rpm aren't the same to me. they're not what i picture a turntable to be. anyone else out there feel the same way? i think what it comes down to is the look. maybe i'm just crazy, i dont know. haha
128x128chuckelator
as it seems you guys are saying, it just seems to me that its more cost-effective to go with something vintage, and also, they have sort of a different vibe to them (might be just me) but its much like a guitar. if your buying an old, well used guitar (or turntable) it seems like it has its own stories, its lived a life already. it has a "soul" so to speak. and i like that about buying the older stuff.
Never disregard the Maplenolle Turntable (Record Player) Line. These tables are reaching 30+ years ; are air driven and offer great value and sota sound reproduction to those that understand and take a hands-on approach. More about Maplenolls's can be found on exsisting threads, should you want a good read.
Vintage Thorens units were always the best as I recall.

Some of the Duals were OK but not in the same league as Thorens. I still have a nice Dual 1264 in my second system...sounds good with a good phono stage.

There were some vintage Micro Seikis that were very nice also.

I had a Philips TT (model anyone??) that had a very cool and clean Scandinavian design with wood veneer and chrome base and led touch sensitive controls that I really liked. I still have some cassettes recorded off that unit + they sound pretty good still. The Philips were prone to breaking down though I was lucky with mine, I suppose. Don't know if any of these are still around in good working order.

I've been sold on my Linn table now for over 20 years and still going strong.
Chuckalator,
Check out the Lencos in my system.
The L75 is a superb vintage table with incredible stability. Stability translates musical dynamics, rhythm and punch.
Beware: A table of this caliber will only lead to vinyl obsession.
Philips 312 is the tt model # I referred to...I looked it up.

God, I loved that tt! It was very unique, simple and sleek in design and didn't sound half bad either!