What Arm choices for the Garrard 301

Hi

What arm choices for the Garrard 301, and why!

*It seems like the match for the Garrard 301
is "The Tri-Planar" , has anyone swithch from The Tri-planar to something else that was interesting and if so, your comments please.

Please only
Thanks
P
macallan25
i will be very interested in any answers as i have just purchased a Garrard 301. since the Garrard 301 is supposed to do fantastic bass; i would expect that a more neutral arm such as the Tri-Planar would be preferrable to.....say....some SME's or the Graham Phantom. i think cartridges would be even more critical. i'm told my Koetsu RSP would be too much of a good thing if installed on the 301.

a related question; does the Garrard like 12" arms more than other tt's?
For new, Thomas Schick and Ortofon 309, for vintage Ortofon or SME 3012.

It's not that the Garrard "likes" long arms, it's that the idler drive mechanism puts a lot of energy into the plinth. The further the arm pillar is from the source of that energy, the less vibration is passed on. Two inches of solid wood has a very positive effect on diminishing energy transmission. Then again, the lessened tracking error ain't too bad either.
I use Ortofon RMG 309 after trying SME3012 I think, that the Ortofon is making it more of the dream deck...I have Shindo plinth, plater, bearing and arm board on it.The bass is super!