Halcyonics under my tt. Wow

I just put my third, too expensive but wonderful, Halcyonic active isolation base under my Shindo Labs tt and am just overwhelmed by what I am hearing. I doubt if I will sleep tonight having 50 LPs that I "must" hear.

The ambient detail and realism is just shocking.

It is one of the great tragedies of audio that this device cannot be made somewhere for under $2000; I think they would sell hundreds. I know I would have one for every componnent. Mine was used.
tbg
They hardly reflect your position for utilizing established engineering principles. They went where no man had gone before.
Tbg (System | Threads | Answers)
You're wrong.

They utilized principles of problem definition, solution using computer aided design and prototypes, performance testing and product refinement, and production planning.

Established engineering. Check their website for more info.
Tvad, I'm sorry, but I must disagree. They were innovative rather than choosing the well trodden path. You have got to give them credit for thinking outside of the box as you seem inclined to do.

I will respond no further as I know all of this is pointless and I have made others aware of my experiences.
Innovation comes from knowledge of what has gone before, and applying that knowledge to create something better.

I never said Halcyon followed the well trodden path. I said they utilized science, math and engineering to produce an effective product that works. Fortunately for you, you tossed a dart using your methodology of trying many products, and you hit an excellent product that had high probability of working for you...just as it will have a high probability of working in most rooms and environments.

Halcyon uses engineering to solve problems and create solutions.
As I said you are wrong about the lack of total scientific knowledge and it mere proper application. It is typical of engineers. The notion that you could have a nonresonant isolation base is innovation with so many other following the well trodden path as you would have all do, such as having a Rives room, aborbers, etc. Been there; done that; and got the Tshirt.
07-06-08: Tbg
As I said you are wrong about the lack of total scientific knowledge and it mere proper application.
Huh? When did I discuss lack of total scientific knowledge?

I support the Halcyonic unit as being innovative and effective, but the designers did not come upon it by divine intervention I can assure you.

I encourage innovation, and despite what you write about my recommendations, I have never suggested that all should follow only your so-called well trodden path, but I do encourage folks to consider proven techniques.

The well trodden path of acoustic treatment seems to work pretty well for professional sound and film studios. If you've tried the techniques, then you can certainly dismiss them as unappealing to your aesthetic.

I thought you were no longer going to participate in the discussion?