Triple deionized water for cleaning lps ?

I've seen several references to triple deionized water used in combination with pure lab grade alcohol for cleaning lp records, but I've been unable so far to locate a place that sells the water. Can anyone help ? Thanks very much.
opus88
It's just distilled water. . . find it at your friendly drugstore or chemical/medical supply store. . . . few cents per gallon. Triply de-ionized simply means that your friendly H2O has been distilled thrice to remove impurities. . . . which may have included some metallic ions, I suppose. . . . but 'triply ionised' sound so much more 'High End' doesn't it? And next they'll call it Triply D-ionized Hydrogen dioxide. . . even more expensive, particularly if also thrice Krioed and filtered through a bed of Tourmaline Granules! G.

Opus88,

I suggest you check out this fantastic thread Finding Pure Water for Record Cleaning for everything you could possibly want to know on this deceptively complex topic.

And Guido, as a great admirer of your witty and informative posts, I'm afraid your aqueous expertise is in need of some serious rehydration! Distilled water and deionized water are similar, but definitely NOT the same thing.

Perhaps your confusion stems from an error in nomenclature, for when you refer to "Hydrogen dioxide," surely you must mean "Dihydrogen monoxide," the dangers of which are all too well known!

Also, your idea of filtering water through a bed of Tourmaline Granules is completely ridiculous: every serious Audiophile knows a jar of Magic Pebbles located anywhere in your ZIP code will work far better!
-
You can find triple deionized water at any local triple deionized water store.

It must be then treated quadrupully with a reverse inverted submerged osmosis filter and finally double filtered with a triple stength, quintuple layered, sextupled backed, and septupled multi-bonded piece of cheese cloth.

Gruyere of course.

Good luck.
All this is interesting. Bear in mind that I also go to extremes with cleaning at times, but it does raise an observation...

We buy old records that someone played for years without cleaning, or if they did, they most likely used a Discwasher brush or washed them in the kitchen sink. Then, to top it all off, we get mad when someone snipes us, and gets the record (sight unseen) for only a hundred bucks. Sometimes we win, though. Whenever that happens, we immediately clean the record with the greatest care, and put it inside a brand new MFSL sleeve. It's a strange hobby that we're in. Still, I'm not changing my rituals just because half my records were played by some guy who used a ten dollar cartridge on a Magnavox console. ;)