Mint Tractor

I'm sorry, I apologize, please forgive me for doubting all of you who have told me of the need for the Mint Protractor. I got it today, and just did a quick check to find that the cartridge is indeed off set up with the VPI protractor that comes with the Supercout/10.5i. I read the directions and it is a very tedious, and slow going procedure, so I'll get back in a while and tell you if I hear any differences.
128x128stringreen
I would like to mention, I have a Wally Tractor Universal and what I love about it is that it works for 3 out of 4 of my tonearms. It handles the Phantom, Breuer and 10.5 inch Schroeder. The Phantom jig is never perfect and the Wally tractor allows me to get it spot on. As for the differences, having never seen a Mint. The Wally is the exact thickness of a 150 gm or so LP. Also it is made out of plastic so it won't break. And it has the arcs and the lines all set for parallax so I am able to sight the stylus point perfectly without feeling I am looking at the wrong angle. Lastly it contains both Baerwald & Lofgren arcs for each arc. Truly a pleasure to use.

On a brief note, I had my Schroeder setup perfectly even before I received the Wally just using the simple 66 null point protractor made out of paper included w. the Schroeder. But the Schroeder pivot point is fairly easy to sight due to the nylon thread being the pivot.
Dgad: the only thing I would humbly report is: the 10x magnifying glass revealed that my stylus could be more than a mm off the line, even though with my naked vision, it seems to be sitting on the line.
Hello... I know this thread has been neglected for some months, but I found it and read with great interest and pleasure its remarks and follow-through on the Mint Tractor and Yip's related products.

Your insights and experience have helped me decided to buy one. The experience I had doing this with Yip yesterday and today was nothing short of remarkable and a real pleasure. He is an extraordinary gentleman and is very willing to assist in every way.

I am very much looking forward to using the Best Tractor (as well as his Mint cleaning fluid and tools) in the next week or so after they arrive. I'll give the thread a report.

Meanwhile, if you have any followups or further thoughts since April, count me as interested!

:) listening,

Ed
I'm not sure if this is a dumb question, but my mounting distance is between 221 mm and 222 mm. I have a VPI HW-19 with a RB300 arm, and Yip says that the mounting distance should be 222 mm. Do you think that my ruler is off and just go with the 222 mm? Does that .5 mm make a difference?

Thanks!