Looking for a entry level audiophile turntable

I am looking for a good turntable under $1500. I not sure which way to go. Buy a new Sota Comet, Music Hall 5.1SE, Music Hall 7, Rega P3-24, Rega P5 or used VPI Scout or maybe something else?
Thanks in advance for your help.
alan4545
I'll be the 3rd to chime in about the KAB Technics. It's a fantastic bang for the buck, built like a tank, and easy to set up and configure. I have no real desire to spend more money on a turntable now that I have one. It sounds great to me.

Michael
Dollar for dollar and with regards to value, the Music Hall MMF-5 smokes the VPI Scout.

So does the KAB.

So does the Marantz.

Regas are decent values but VPI is overpriced for almost every model. And in the Scout series you're stuck with the JMW-9 tonearm. A notorious underachiever.
"Audiofeil
Dollar for dollar and with regards to value, the Music Hall MMF-5 smokes the VPI Scout."

Hmmm.

Bill,
I had a MMF-7.1 and I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Never could get that thing to sound right..... Sounded dead, lazy....

I'd be tempted to go the Sota or the P5 route.

In fact, I know I will be upgrading my tt in the future, again. At this point I'm leaning towards the Sota Sapphire or maybe the Nova. Arm? Well, that's another thread....
Post removed 
If you'd consider going used, I got a Sota Star with the vacuum platter with an AQ6 arm well in your price range. Even twenty years old its a rock solid table. They're built like tanks.