ZYX too light for my Shroeder arm. Help

I have a Schroeder Model two arm, but even with the counterweight all the way in and the cartridge moved all the way to the end, I still cant get the tracking force to 1.8grams.

What to do? Add mass tot he cartridge/tonearm. How should i do it? Thanks for any advice.
128x128petng
Frank makes a brass mounting plate for the No.2 which should fit better with the ZYX. The ZYX Bloom R50 I had had a really low compliance and needed a real heavy arm.
I have the R50 Bloom, are the other models in the zyx line more suitable to the shroeder?
My ZYX R-1000 Airy S balanced fine on the Graham tonearm but I wanted to add a bit weight to emulate the silver base. Solution? Use stainless steel screw and nut. I used 3 nuts with each screw to maximize the weight. The extra weights does make it sound cleaner and tighter.
Please take Doug's comments in light of his experimentation with non-Schroeders.

You will always have a "shim" with a Shroeder (a.k.a. cartridge carrier). Give this reality, you have the opportunity to tune the mass of your arm in two ways: (1) make a thicker one up out of aluminum (2) get the brass one through your dealer.

The brass adds about 5 grams (bumping the mass from about 2.6 to 7.6 g).

Now, with brass you're changing the interface between cartridge and tonearm. When you change materials and this is always a wild card. For this reason, I'd try both a thicker piece of aluminum (try a piece 3 times your current thickness) as well as the brass.

You'll likely prefer one over the other, and remember that this is not a universal judgment but rather a preference you'll have with your ZYX.

Making up your own thicker carrier isn't rocket science. The pivot hole is a 2.5mm x .7mm tapped hole, and the two cartridge holes aren't threaded.

Your tool set consists of a hack saw, a mill file, a drill along with a bit/tap set. Assuming you have most of the above, the tap/drill bit would set you back a whole $5.00.

Cheers,
Thom @ Galiber
Thanks Thom for the info.

I purchased the arm second hand in Australia, and as far as I know there is no distributor in Australia. Buying the Brass carrier seems to be the best option. I dont want to ruin the workmanship of the arm with my awful handiwork. Could you supply me with a carrier?

Also Thom, could you help me with the antiskate on my arm(model 2). When i turn the dail for the antiskate, instead of the thread being twisted, it just moves the VTA up or down.

Thanks