vinyl-only setups

I'm wondering about the type of setups that some of you might be using in a vinyl-only situation?

I originally intended for my vinyl setup to be a headphones-only affair, but it has since taken on a life of it's own. Now I rarely listen to cd's on the system that was the "main" setup in my living room.

I've been successful at running a Musical Fidelity X-LPSv3 directly into a Sony N55ES power amp that has it's own attenuator. I'd like to upgrade these pieces, but would like to keep the setup simple. I like the idea of having a phono-pre directly driving a power amp. I doubt that I would use need of the inputs available on a line stage/preamp/integrated.
roblanger
You might want to reconsider the 'phono only' setup. Nothing more satisfying that recording that precious vinyl on to Open reel. My wife hasn't played a record in 25 years, she does however use the reel to reel regualrly. Use a high quality preamp.. you won't miss a thing. Oh, and you also might want to try dubbing your favorite CD's on to open reel. I don't know why, but they suddenly become listenable. I know many, many others who do so and have experienced the same thing.
Enjoy
Norman
Thanks, Norman

It seems that the this kind of setup would limit the number of gear choices that are available. Not many phono preamps have attenuators. They also may not have adequate output to properly drive a power amp.

I just might end up going with a tube integrated - even though I don't need all of the inputs - and run my phono pre into that.

I don't own an Open Reel deck, but it sounds like fun :)
Would the EAR 834P w/volume control have enough output to drive a power amp properly? I guess that it would depend upon the input sensitivity of the amp. My X-LPS will drive my Sony power amp, but probably not as well as a true preamplifier.