Technics SL1200: Baerwald or 1200 white gauge?

Hello Guys,

I always used the original Technics SL1200 white plastic gauge to set my cartridges and I have always been happy about the results even I changed many cartridges.
Well , I have read on the net about the MintLp Tractor or the Wally Tractor (looks the same as the other one) used on the Technics SL1200 to give the Baerwald null points
I never tried those Tractors .. and I'm curious about the sonical difference
Anyone here has already tried them? .. and what is the sonic improvement or difference regarding the original gauge setting?

Thanks to everyone for your opinions
128x128curio
I'm sorry Tvad, if I possibly missed your comments that you have used the Mintlp for the Technics. Guess in all the "excitement", I overlooked this.

So, may I ask, not so much for my references, and knowledge, but others, here, present, and future folks, did you particularly note any oddities of how the Cartridge sits, if it is canted in Zenith with Baerwald? I suspect it might be slightly, but as others claim, this is of no importanace-signifcance of how the Cartridge "looks', the most important thing I assume, it how it sounds!? Mark
Yes, it is canted slightly toward the platter, so the front of the cart does not sit parallel with the headshell.
|Humorous read, but I won't bang my head against this wall. I |agree with Tvad. It really isn't an issue of anyone having to |have the MintLP to enjoy their vinyl. That is certainly true |and maybe $100 is a lot of money these days. However, this |price is certainly pretty tame compared with many audio |tweaks. So anyone who wishes to explore what else may be |possible with their current table this is a well respected |way to try.

$100 will always be lot of money to throw down the toilet.
As with any "tweak" the questionable benefits exists only in the mind of believer, manufacturer PR and audio press.
As with any "tweak" the questionable
benefits exists only in the mind of believer, manufacturer PR and audio press.
Siniy123 (Answers)
True in some cases. Not true in others. It just takes some willingness to learn
to discern the difference.

The MintLP is tailor made for each customer so it has the appropriate
geometry for the owner's table/arm combination, and the Tractor works as
advertised.

In an earlier post, you indicated that you were apparently unaware of the
aspect of cartridge alignment. Here's a good cartridge set-up primer to read. Section 5 discusses alignment. Along with overhang, precise alignment is what the MintLP addresses.

Setting up your cartridge properly would yield increased enjoyment in your
system. It's a shame you appear so resistant.
I certainly wouldn't classify the MintLP a "tweak".

Perhaps instrument or tool is more appropriate.