SOTA cosmos turntables

I am looking at the SOTA cosmos turntable. Has anyone compared it to a Brinkmann balance, SME, AVID, etc. ?
dbjain
Dear Bobby: All those TTs you named are very good along the Sota that I like it if for no other thing because its vacuum hold down LP system that IMHO makes a whole difference for the better.

Anyway you can't go wrong with either, where you have to take more care is that the tonearm will be a good match to your cartridge(s) and the Phonolinepreamp that too can makes a difference to achieve top quality analog performance.

regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Also, you may think that Sota owners seem a little cultish about their tables, and you would be correct!

Of course its with good reason.
I have owned Sota TT's for over 20 years. Star, Nova and now the new Cosmos IV. I could not live without vacuum hold down.
I've had those TT's with SME V for many years. Now i have the Phantom II with Dynavector XV1's. Cable is Stealth Hyperphono.
Simply stated, musical nirvana.

How much more do you need to spend for better performance???
Answer: look up Paul Seydor's review in The Absolute Sound issue 145.
He reviewed the model III not the upgraded series IV.
I believe that this is what my dealer is suggesting as well...
I think the Cosmos with a Graham Phantom tonearm sounds like a final turntable.
Has anyone hear checked out the Spiral Groove turntable. I'm not sure, but I think this turntable is the latest design of a guy who helped design the Sota Cosmos. Has anyone compared the Spiral Groove to the Cosmos?

Thanks,

Mark