MoFi enzyme based cleaner and pure rinse

I must admit, I am a little disappointed given the buzz surrounding enzyme based cleaners. In this first foray into them I have not gotten results that I would call monumental.

Maybe I am doing something wrong. I have found it to reduce some of the noise floor, but not dirty pop/click grunge sounds. I have tried it on about 5 LPs and have found that it is really not working any better than VPI cleaner thus far.

And yes, I do use dedicated brushes for each stage and I clean the vacuum tube of my VPI 16 well after each application.

Opinions?
chashmal
Tbg,
Perhaps I should re-iterate-re-explain, as I don't believe I concluded that cheaper products, or saying as well, to say that one step versus multi-step is better, or preferred.

These cleaning discussions-battles have been going on for years, and there are as many camps of thought, as there are posters. There are many who believe-conclude that DIY is every bit as good as any commercial cleaner made on the planet, and some may even go as far to say that the big players in the market are selling hype, peddling lies, and snake oil.

This is where I stand my ground firmly, and totally disagree, that the best products in the market will be the best that can be used, and provide the very best final results period, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Many people of course have thier apprehensions-disbeliefs that more costly products are a waste of money, and that the time-expense of thorough scientific research, and the money spent on the very highest quality components-ingredients of a Cleaning System are either not needed, or are hype to get folks to open-empty thier wallets.

As Chashmal concluded, or perhaps for a better word "questioned" earlier in this thread, that something was perhaps missing as a step in between the Mo-Fi Enzyme, and Pure Water Rinse? He might be correct, I have no personal knowledge of what exactly are the ingredients of Mo-Fi Enzyme Cleaner.

It does appear to me at the present, that companies such as AIVS, and Walker have concluded that a multi step process gives the very best results, and I conclude, as well as many others here, that both companies have poured much thought, research, expense to insure thier products are of the very highest quality.

Others have claimed-noted the advantages-improvements of Steam, and I personally (for what it is worth) am not prepared, nor inclined to go to such processes, even though folks such as Mapleshade have touted its effectiveness. I personally prefer to keep heat away from the grooves, in that the detriment of heat near-on PVC could possibly outweigh the benefits.
Mark
Markd51,

Your opinions are valued by many of us here and I don't doubt that your results using these products are of the highest quality. I think the reason that there is much dissention on the subject of vinyl cleaning is that there are numerous ways to reach essentially the same result. I actually have half a mind to buy the Walker system just to prove to myself that it works no better than my much less expensive method. I can assure you that steam applied evenly does nothing but get records astonishingly clean. The Walker system does the same as does AVIS I'm sure. I'd rather spend my money on vinyl for now. It's mostly out of print and getting harder and harder to find in good condition.
Markd51, I'm sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying by 180 degrees.

Sonofjim, in my experience there are clear benefits of some cleaning methods over others. Years ago I tried steam cleaning to no get benefit. Perhaps I did it wrong. Before the three step Walker Prelude system, I had used Diskdoctor, VPI, Diskwasher, AudioNote, L'art do Son, and several others. When I got the Prelude, I played previously cleaned records and then cleaned them with the three steps. It was clearly audible on all of them, causing me to spend seven days to reclean everything previously cleaned. Then I got Step Four from Walker, not really expecting much. I was shocked at the additional improvement. Just yesterday I found a record that was previously cleaned with L'art du Son. I used only Step Four. Again I was shocked at the improvement. Just to check I did all four steps and relistened. It was much better. In my opinion there must be degrees of "clean."
Bugtussel has been making an enzyme product for years. AIVS had an enzyme cleaner before Walker introduced his. Effectiveness is always subjective.

Enzyme cleaners are only effective against organic contamination.

Every enzyme cleaner I have ever heard of needs to be followed by an alcohol rinse to de-nature the enzymes. Then follow with the pure rinse.

NOTHING left behind is ALWAYS best, IMO.