No deep bass or highs: VTF or VTA issue?

Background:

I've been using JM Lab Micro Utopia monitors and recently added a sub (via Bryston outboard crossover). Used my music server to dial in the sub (for convenience) and after dialing it in I noticed that my analog rig is not sounding anywhere as good as my digital.

I tried comparing a few LPs to their digital counterparts and in comparison the LPs sounded dark and sluggish.

Relevant equipment:

Analog:
- Dynavector XV-1s
- Scoutmaster / JMW 9 Signature / SDS / Super platter etc
- Aesthetix Rhea Signature with NOS tubes

Digital:
Music server -> Benchmark DAC

I used a Mint tractor to align the cartridge, and the VTF on the XV-1s is around 2.0g. I had never done anything about VTA, so I tried raising it. It got somewhat brighter, but now in comparison it lacks deep bass AND the highs of the digital version. Switching back and forth it's like the vinyl is just midrange (that's an exaggeration to illustrate my point).

I also have a Manley Steelhead phono stage; I should probably swap that with the Rhea to make sure the phono stage isn't the culprit but my gut tells me that it's the setup.

Any advice on what adjustments to try would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
madfloyd
Tried it quickly with the Steelhead and deep bass was present.

Still a little dark sounding though, so I think I need to play with VTA/VTF.

Thanks to all.
FWIW, I've listened to the Dynavector XV-1s through a Rhea in a friend's system. No trouble with deep bass in his setup. The sound of the XV-1s is somewhat dark to my ears, though, in the three different systems where I've heard it.
If your XV-1s is fairly new, I would suggest running it around 2.1 grams or so for the first 100 hours or so, and keep the arm level. Mine is a few years old now. I usually run it between 1.87 and 1.93. My arm is just slightly tail up. Nick Doshi set the loading for my XV-1s at 100 ohms when he built my Alaap phonostage. This cartridge definitely does not sound dark through my system. It doesn't sound any brighter or darker than a ZYX Universe I have also heard in my system.

It was my Rhea that Swampwalker heard, or at least one of the one's he heard. It was rather bumped out in the mid-range, with the lows and highs seeming to be held back or rolled off. Noisy as well. To be fair the Rhea I owned was from the first year or so of that model.
Seems to me that you may benefit from having someone with great set-up experience go over everything with a fine tooth comb.Nick,at Audio Connection in Verona,NJ, sells and services every one of the pieces in your chain.Not very many people can boast his level of experience.
I've had the pleasure of meeting Nick and heard a TT he set up - both were wonderful. While I like learning about setup myself so I can tinker, try other cartridges, etc, I have no doubt that he'd nail it. Unfortunately I live at least 4 hours away.

I did have another setup person drop by months ago (before this cartridge) who filled up my damping reservoir (at the time I had no idea what it was for). Reading the Walker setup guide I'm wondering if I have too much fluid.

Elinor: I've used the VPI strobe disc to set the speed, but I did it right after changing the platter so I'm due to re-check it; thanks for mentioning it. I don't think my stylus is damaged.

Anyone know of a good LP to compare to digital? With the variability of mastering, I'd like to choose something that brings me closer to comparing apples to apples.

Again, thanks for all the responses.