Converting LP to digital. Advice please...

I am looking to archive some vinyl onto a hard drive that I can then transfer to CD. I would like to take it from line level output to a A/D convertor then store it on a computer hard drive. Then have a program that will allow me to take each LP side and dive the songs into individual tracks. Suggestions on a/d conversion and software would be appreicated greatly
128x128theo
You can buy a phono pre-amp with a usb output. I think Hagerman might make one. Pro-ject makes one, too.

Audacity is a free software program to do the management of the uploaded data.

Cheers.

Tom
If you have serious $$$ invested in your TT playback rig and are transcribing priceless software, you might want to consider the Korg MR-1000 DSD recorder ($900 street price).
This pup records DSD to internal hard-drive and can record several ways to CD.
I use the Wadia 17 AD converter from the tape out of my Ayre K1x preamp then digital via Yamamura Millenium XLR digital to an Alesis Masterlink recorder. You can split each album side into their individual tracks and then create a CD from it. The sound is fantastic.
I use an M-audio Delta 1010 AD converter and Wavelab mastering software. Expensive and hard to learn, though.
I've been thinking of creating a library of lps on my computer. So its not that easy it seems. I thought i could use my unused preamp RCA output to my mic in on my lap top? Would this work using Audacity software?