The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
The newer TAD Reference One. Very hard to find a US dealer as they have focused on international sales up to this point. I've heard them at RMAF the last three years in a row and thought them the best at show each time. This is not easy to do considering the very high end competition there. I also work around high end product daily and have for over 35 years, but more importantly, I'm used to working around live music, so it is not easy to impress me upon playback. So my company, Audio Video Logic, signed on and will have them in stock before the end of December 2010.

We have a TAD seminar planned for January 27th, 2011 with Andrew Jones (the designer) attending. In addition to the Reference One, we will also have the TAD Compact Reference One in stock which was just given a stupendous review in the Absolute Sound in September. Go to
www.audiovideologic.com for details.
I agree with Audiologic. I listened to the big TADs at RMAF for the last two years and they are simply the best I have heard. Andrew Jones is a gentleman who will answer any question by giving you a whole lesson about the speaker.