VPI Scout- motor pops in speakers when turned off

I just recently purchased a VPI Scout. Whenever I turn the motor off to change records, a loud pop comes through the speakers. I called VPI about this, and was told that it is "system dependent" and not something to worry about. I was told just to turn the volume down before turning it off, which doesn't really satisfy me as a legit answer. I have read on the forums on Audio Asylum that I am not alone with this issue. Is VPI's response just side stepping the issue? Is it really something to worry about? I found it sort of a lame response.
Ag insider logo xs@2xmekong56
I had this problem. The fix for my set-up was plugging the motor into a different outlet. I had it plugged into my power conditioner and move it to a wall outlet on the same circuit. I’d try this first as it’s an easy fix if it works.
Atmasphere is spot on with his response. Had the same problem with a HW 19 turntable and that totally solved the problem. Dirt easy to accomplish.
Here we have a typical 'hi-end' approach to customer service, e. g. let the customer take care of the problem via various workarounds. Why VPI cannot ship the units with the problem corrected tells you loads about arrogance. VPI's motor vendor needs to make the fix as otherwise the UL warranty is voided, as it is when the customer makes the fix. I am sure they have a ton of units in the warehouse and don't want to return them for the fix.
Buconero117-
I couldn't agree more with your post. They (VPI) KNOW it is an issue. That was obvious when I spoke to them on the phone. I can appreciate the fact that he didn't play dumb and act as if I was the first person they had heard from regarding the issue, but dismissing it as "system dependent" is not acceptable to me either from a manufacturer of high end equipment. I realize the Scout isn't a "high-end" piece in the true sense of the term, but is is the limit of what many hobbyists are willing to spend on a turntable. It is expensive enough that they should deal with a known issue such as this on a product that has been in production as long as the Scout has. It's not like this table is a brand new product.

Oh well, enough of my ranting. It isn't THAT big of a deal. It is just my first nice TT, and I was just a little peeved about this. I am otherwise very happy with the sound of the Scout so far, which is what really matters.

Thank you for all of your responses. I may try installing the capacitor. Sounds like an easy fix for someone with basic soldering skills.
Mekong56 knows that if he does the fix, the warranty is voided. Where in the world is quality, customer service.?